Sunday, January 29, 2012

Weeks 4 and 5: A day in the life of and close encounters with the Police

Week 4: So the project I had picked for week 4 was to have a day I just took my camera around and took pictures of what I did etc. Let's just say, nothing really interesting really ever happens. The project suggestion came from a book and it suggested to take pictures of family, co-workers, your food, chores etc. Since I picked a day I had off, no co-workers and just family. About the most interesting thing I had a picture of was my lunch that day!

Yep it was an exciting day!

Week 5: On my way to work on Friday, the ground fog was thick and the skies were clear. I pass by a local community college. Next to the college is what is known as the Cyber Innovation Center. The front of the CIC has these spires out front, and from the road with the fog surrounding the building it looked really cool. On Saturday I decided I would try and take some pictures of the building in the morning as the sun came up. No fog, wind was to strong, but still I thought it might look pretty cool. While I was waiting for the sun to come up, the local police department paid me a visit and asked me politely to leave, which I did. Something about needing premission to take pictures of the building and be on the property. Good grief, next time I will just park on the public road next to the CIC and take my pictures.

Since I wasn't able to get the picture I wanted I drove home, with really nothing to show for the effort. I turned around as I was about to pull into the driveway and went in search of something else, since the sun was just now peeking over the trees. I stopped and saw this:

Yes, I know, as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we don't wear crosses or have crosses on our churches, but this was just a really neat image to capture! I took several pictures of this but this was what I thought was the best of the 5 minutes of picture taking. This is the unedited version of the photo, I am sure that cropping it and making some minor adjustments would make it better, but looks pretty good as it is right now!

1 comment: