Sunday, January 15, 2012

Week 3: The Black and White Attempt

Last week I decided instead of just going out and taking random pictures of stuff, I would have a focus or objective that I was going to try to accomplish. I settled on trying to take a photo in Black and White.

I have always thought black and white photography was really cool. Ansel Adams really has some of the best black and whites. Truly amazing stuff. Every once in awhile I get lucky and a picture I take in color and convert to black and white really works. That was what I was attempting to do this week.


I took several pictures of a shed along the side of the road and was able to convert a few of them into black and whites using the software in the camera. Some of the pictures were ok, this was one of the better ones, not great but hey, when you get one day to go out and take pictures sometimes you get what you get. This particular photo was changed using Photoshop Elements 8. I used the software to convert to black and white.

This is the same photo, this time as it was orginally taken in color. Not that interesting, but then again, the black and white version isn't all that great.

Here's another angle of the same shed. This one has a bit more texture i.e. the ridges on the roofing material, the look of the wood etc. Again, as I take more pictures I am learning as I go. At least I remembered the lens hood for this outing!




No comments:

Post a Comment