Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week 2: The Range

It's been way to long since Nate and I went to the range. We had tried last week but it was closed, figures. Anyway, it was open today and I took my camera for some pictures.
Here's the best shot from the two plus hours at the range. I have been reading about the rule of thirds. Basically, think of the frame as being divided into thirds top to bottom and left to right. Where the lines would intersect, is where you should place the object being photo graphed. Here you can see my attempt to use that rule. Actually in all of the photos I take I am trying to do that, sometimes more successful than others. What I like about this photo is that when you look at Nate you are drawn into the picture as he is pointing his shotgun at the clay and I am looking up at it as well.

An update from last weeks post. I was looking at some of the photos I had taken from my fly fishing trip and thought I would see if I could save one or two of them using Photoshop. This is one of the 5 or 6 saved photos! Really turned out nice, good thing there is software to save my bacon when I goof, guess that's why they sell the software.

In week three I am going to see if I can accomplish one of the projects in one of the photo books I have. I may have to see about taking my camera with me more often.

1 comment: